ERISA’s strict rules govern retirement plans, and plan fiduciaries can be held personally responsible when those rules are not followed.
Alliant Wealth Advisors helps plan sponsors reduce their fiduciary risk and, while doing so, implement the best practices that result in a better retirement plan.
- Alliant adheres to the fiduciary standard as we work with plan sponsors. This means that our advice is always tailored to your best interests. Alliant is a Registered Investment Advisor, not a broker nor a representative incentivized to sell a particular investment or insurance product. Our goal is a plan that meets your company’s unique needs.
- Alliant reduces your potential liability for investment decisions as we act in a fiduciary capacity. We even accept delegation from you to serve as your plan’s Fiduciary Investment Manager, acting as what is commonly called an ERISA 3(38) advisor. When you choose to have us represent you in this way, we agree to replace you in having potential liability for your plan’s investment selection as we select and monitor plan investments. You can be confident that we are looking out for your plan investments as we adhere to a best practice standard that includes investment review at least quarterly.
- Our Fiduciary Governance program helps ensure a compliant and a better retirement plan. Our Annual Plan Review helps fiduciaries measure the success of their plan in meeting company objectives and make desirable changes. We manage an annual Investment Committee meeting for members to review investment management versus the plan’s Investment Policy Statement. An annual Compliance Meeting guides those responsible for day-to-day plan administration to help ensure regulatory compliance under ERISA.
- Alliant provides Fiduciary Training for decision-makers and addresses matters of fiduciary responsibility with all at your firm who are responsible for plan management.
- We stay abreast of legislative and regulatory changes, keeping you up-to-date on new challenges and opportunities.
- Alliant documents your compliance under ERISA. We take minutes at all committee meetings and maintain signed copies of your plan documents, service agreements, participant notifications, tax filings and more.
- Our secure online Document Vault stores the essential compliance documentation that we maintain on your behalf.
- Alliant holds a Compliance Meeting annually with your staff who are responsible for day-to-day plan operations. We present a Summary of Required Actions for the coming year and counsel on how to avoid those errors most frequently committed in retirement plan administration.