ERISA’s strict rules govern retirement plans, and plan fiduciaries can be held personally responsible when those rules are not followed.
Alliant helps clients limit potential liability by:
- Acting in your best interest
- Serving as a plan fiduciary
- Offering our Fiduciary Governance program
- Providing Fiduciary Training
- Staying abreast of legislative and regulatory changes
- Providing compliance documentation
- Maintaining a secure data vault
- Holding an annual compliance meeting
ERISA requires plan sponsors to put participants’ interests first with the exclusive purpose of providing retirement benefits to them. Selecting and regularly reviewing investments are important fiduciary acts.
Alliant helps clients meet ERISA’s requirement by:
- Developing and maintaining an Investment Policy
- Accessing low-fee institutional funds
- Offering participants professional investment management
- Sharing investment oversight responsibility as a 3(21) co-fiduciary
- Accepting full investment oversight responsibility as a 3(38) fiduciary
- Analyzing, tracking and replacing plan investments
ERISA requires sponsors to understand and document that all plan fees are reasonable for the services provided.
Alliant helps clients meet their obligation by:
- Analyzing total plan expenses
- Benchmarking plan expenses to similar plans
- Documenting your review of services and fees
- Fee for service only
- No fees or commissions from investments
Alliant believes a firm’s retirement plan should help companies achieve their strategic business goals.
We help you accomplish this by:
- Listening to your business objectives and suggesting
- strategies to achieve them
- Advising on all aspects of plan design and administration
- Tracking success metrics
- Helping you reward, retain and recruit employees
- Providing flexible plan design features
Much has been reported about the way in which poor financial health can prevent Americans from saving adequately for retirement.
- Total retirement education
- Monthly financial seminars
- One-on-one employee meetings
- Participant guidance that meets fiduciary standards
- Enrollment meetings to encourage participation and savings
Alliant believes it is critical for your providers – Recordkeepers, Third Party Administrators, Custodians, Auditors and others – to act as a team.
We ease your job of provider management by:
- Identifying nee
- ded services for your plan and advising on “best fit” providers.
- Monitoring and coordinating services among providers
- Measuring performance
- Assisting in negotiating lower fees or preparing RFPs
- Reconciling quarterly service provider fees